The judges will be looking for the best Sales Assistant in the following awards:
- Sales Assistant of the Year
- Community Hero
Once the entries are in, a judging panel will debate and review each entry to compile a shortlist. Our judges will particularly focus on the answers to the six entry questions – so make sure you take time to think about your answers:
- Describe how long you have been at your current store, and the areas of responsibility that you have taken on during your time there.
- Describe an idea that you have introduced or help with, that has made the store more money, raised its profile or improved the running of it.
- How do you handle the sales of age-restricted items in store, when someone who might be under the legal age asks to purchase them?
- Please give details of any community activities that you have introduced or participated in. Explain how they have helped local people and/or your store.
- What, in your opinion, are the key elements that make up great customer service? Give an example or examples of how you have put this into practice.
- What is the department and/or area of responsibility in store that you take particular pride in, and why?
Our on-the-road judges will then visit those shortlisted at their stores to talk to the sales assistants and witness first-hand those all-important extra details that set you ahead from the rest.
We’ll then whittle down to the four best sales assistants and invite them to London for the night to enjoy the Convenience Retail Awards party where the winners will be announced. The date to keep clear is Thursday 14th March 2019 and the place is The Royal Lancaster Hotel.